In 2016 the EU Commission developed EntreComp: The Entrepreneurship Competence Framework to put forward a shared definition of entrepreneurship as a competence, to bring consensus among stakeholders and establish a bridge between the worlds of education and work.
has the important task to start conversations and improve understanding of what it means to be entrepreneurial in all aspects of life and it establishes the importance of entrepreneurship and initiative and help to develop entrepreneurial competences to tackle economic, social and cultural challenges. Additionally, the European Commission developed in 2017 a User Guide called EntreComp into Action to support the further use and awareness of the EntreComp Framework. Although widely endorsed, the EntreComp Framework has not yet been adopted at systemic level in the field of VET nor tested in real settings.
"ECI has the objective of operationalizing"
the EntreComp Framework by developing implementation tools and training content for the European VET systems to adopt EntreComp in operational environments and ignite entrepreneurship. Therefore, ECI is going develop a model to implement the entrepreneurship competence framework in VET environments, both formal and non-formal. In this activity, partners will cross-reference the Entrepreneurship Competence Framework with ESCO (the classification of European Skills, Competences, Qualifications and Occupation) and EQF (European Qualifications Framework).
ECI has selected 6 competences along the three areas of the EntreComp Framework as following to work on:
1.2 Creativity: Develop creative and purposeful ideas
1.5 Ethical and sustainable thinking: Assess the consequences & impact of ideas, opportunities and actions
2.1 Self-awareness and self-efficacy: Believe in yourself and keep developing
2.5 Mobilizing others: Inspire, enthuse and get others on board
3.1 Taking the initiative: Go for it
3.3 Coping with uncertainty, ambiguity & risk: Make decisions dealing with uncertainty, ambiguity and risk
The development of this methodology will be the preparatory work and basis to develop and implement Intellectual Output O3 "O3 - Develop training tools and contents to operationalize the ECI"
It will provide systematic information in the matter of personal soft skills, which are very important to create a successful business, especially under the new circumstances of disruption processes, artificial intelligence, smart technologies etc.
It will detail the scope, tools, means and activities to be carried out during implementation, on the basis of the shared vision of the field of investigation, also taking into account the specific characteristics of diverse and different entrepreneurial environments and systems. The methodology will contain the following indicative components:
- Set methodology to be followed by all partners (i.e. general scale and scope, overall methodological approach, timing and sequencing of specific activities, etc.)
- Pinpoint criteria for selection of target groups to be involved
- Define literature and other sources for secondary assessment (i.e. identification of comparable
Call 2019 Round 1 KA2
- Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices KA202
- Strategic Partnerships for vocational education and training Form Id KA202-69646D49 Deadline (Brussels Time) 26 Mar 2019 12:00:00 116 / 193EN (scientific and policy documents)
- Analysis of documents: elements to be extrapolated in the benchmarking (i.e. ESCO, EQF, EntreComp Framework, etc.)
- Structure of reporting and aggregation tools
- Common schedule
- Definition of common tools for the training material in regards to the forenamed defined competencies (Course description, Learning outcomes, Course syllabus, Learning activities, Assessment type, Required and recommended readings, Course schedule, etc.)